These are the insurance plans that are accepted at our office:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Davis Vision
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Mass Health - limited
- Tufts Health Plan- only through EyeMed
- United Health Care - medical insurance only
- Vision Benefits of America
- Vision Service Plan
If you qualify for one of these plans, please be sure to notify us before your appointment to allow us to obtain the necessary authorization and benefits available at the time of your visit.
Insurance plans usually cover a general eye examination only. If you are unsure of your benefits, CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY DIRECTLY prior to your visit. There may be additional charges for contact lens evaluation and fitting, more detailed tests, and ordering contacts and glasses. Please refer to your insurance plan’s website for additional information about coverage. Plans may cover examinations either annually or bi-annually.
Also, please be aware that:
- Some out of state Blue Cross plans do not have optometry coverage
- Medical visits may require insurance referrals