It is important to take a few minutes preparing for your eye examination in order to achieve the most satisfactory outcome. Please refer to the following list for items to discuss at your exam:
Signs or symptoms of eye problems you have noticed.
- Blurred vision. Is it blurred at distance, near, at the computer? Is it blurred with one eye or both?
- Double vision
- Flashes of light
- Dryness, burning, itching
- Any health problems and/or allergies?
- Any previous eye disease, surgery, or previous injuries?
- Family history of eye disease
- Prescription and over-the-counter drugs you are taking
- List of sports/hobbies in which you participate
- If you are wearing bifocals, progressive lenses, or reading glasses, measure the distance from your eyes to any work areas, particularly the computer or music
- For new patients, bring all glasses and contact lenses, your current contact lens prescription or contact lens box or bottle, or previous eye care records including lens specifications
- Please remove eye cosmetics prior to the exam
- Bring your medical health and eye insurance cards