Due to the global outbreak of COVID-19, Korb & Associates is closed to protect the safety of our staff and patients. Our doctors remain available for questions and emergency care, you can still order contact lenses, we are mailing out any outstanding orders as they arrive, and our administrative staff are available on a limited basis to help with your eyecare needs. Please see our NEWS section for updates on coronavirus specific concerns and your eyes. We have now enabled tele-health services. Requests for these appointments can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be processed within 24 hours.
1) All patients with appointments through June 1 will be contacted and rescheduled once we know when we are allowed to open for regular business. We will continue to follow guidelines for the city of Boston.
2) Each Thursday , management will make a determination as to whether we will be closed the following week. This website will have the most up to date information.
3) For patients who have signed up for remote access to their health record, doctors remain available for answering questions and taking care of medication refills.
4) Our doctors are taking emergency calls and will determine on a case by case basis where and when patients will need to be seen.
5) Our contact lens staff continues to process lens orders. Please make requests at email@example.com or use the portal on our website. There may be a disruption in the supply chain causing some types of orders to be delayed which we cannot predict, but anticipate that most lenses can still be mailed. Patients that need lens evaluations may not be able to pick up contact lenses that are waiting in the office until we reopen. For patients who are in the fitting process we are working with manufacturers to extend warranty periods.
6) Orders for glasses may be delayed depending on supply chain and lab closures. We will make every effort to mail out any order that was processed prior to March 13.
7) Our administrative and billing staff will be available on a limited basis, but will respond to you within 24 hours.
8) WE ARE NOW TELE-HEALTH ENABLED. If you want to set up a virtual visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our staff will respond within 24 hours.
For those patients who have not signed up to use our health portal, we will be monitoring our general office email accounts. Please be advised that this is not a HIPAA secure method of communication. We do not recommend communicating with our office through non-secure portals for health issues.
Questions regarding billing should be directed to email@example.com
Questions regarding contact lenses should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding glasses should be directed to email@example.com
Questions regarding any other issues should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue listening to the WHO and CDC recommendations, and will keep our patients informed as events unfold. Stay healthy, protect your loved ones, and thank you for being a loyal part of our family.
Our practice enjoys a global reputation in the field of dry eye and contact lenses
Established in 1920 by Dr. Frederick Farnum, we are one of the oldest continuing practices in the country. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of professional care and developing long lasting relationships with our patients. We are recognized as being on the cutting edge in the fields of dry eye and contact lens technology.
Our dry eye and contact lens research, often conducted in collaboration with other academic and health care disciplines, has resulted in hundreds of professional publications, 55 patents, and many ocular products used throughout the world. This combination of clinical practice and research activities provides a unique setting which is particularly beneficial to our patients.
Recent inventions of Korb & Associates include the DET™ test for dry eye, LipiFlow thermal pulsation for dry eye, LipiView for measurement of tear film lipid layer thickness, Dynamic Meibomian Imaging and LipiScan to evaluate the structure of the oil glands in the lids, and the Meibomian Gland Evaluator for the quantitative evaluation of meibomian gland function. Our research also resulted in commercialization of Soothe XP™ (Bausch and Lomb) and Systane Balance™ (Alcon), the first lipid-based solutions for evaporative dry eye.
In the contact lens field, our practice pioneered the design of the first membrane soft contact lens, which has served as the model for all contemporary soft lenses. Our research also resulted in the design of rigid gas-permeable contact lenses and fitting strategies for specific conditions including keratoconus and irregular corneas. We are the only practice in New England offering the EyePrint Pro and can fully customize any type of lens.
Boston Optometrist | Korb & Associates, PLLC |phone (617) 426-0370, Fax (617) 426-4924
400 Commonwealth Ave, Suite 2
Boston, MA 02215