From November 6-November 10 our doctors will be attending the American Academy of Optometry meeting in San Antonio Texas where we will be making the following lectures and research presentations:
- Pediatric and Adolescent Dry Eye: An Emerging Concern
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and Dry Eye Diagnosis Testing and Workup: A Recipe for Success
- Research Presentations
- The Prevalence of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and Lagophthalmos in Patients with Keratoconus
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction in School-Aged Children
- Use of Piggyback Modality in Conjunction with EyePrint Impression Moulded Scleral Device Protects Fragile Cornea in Case of Partial Lateral Tarsorrhaphy
- Surgical Impact on Finances and Visual Satisfaction in Keratoconus Patients
- Patient Experience with Scleral Lenses: Mid-Day Fogging
On election day, we are closing at 12:30 so our staff can vote!
Our contact lens, billing department and optical shop
will be open the rest of the week.
Our practice enjoys a global reputation in the field of dry eye and contact lenses
Established in 1920 by Dr. Frederick Farnum, we are one of the oldest continuing practices in the country. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of professional care and developing long lasting relationships with our patients. We are recognized as being on the cutting edge in the fields of dry eye and contact lens technology.
Our dry eye and contact lens research, often conducted in collaboration with other academic and health care disciplines, has resulted in hundreds of professional publications, 55 patents, and many ocular products used throughout the world. This combination of clinical practice and research activities provides a unique setting which is particularly beneficial to our patients.
Recent inventions of Korb & Associates include the DET™ test for dry eye, LipiFlow thermal pulsation for dry eye, LipiView for measurement of tear film lipid layer thickness, Dynamic Meibomian Imaging and LipiScan to evaluate the structure of the oil glands in the lids, and the Meibomian Gland Evaluator for the quantitative evaluation of meibomian gland function. Our research also resulted in commercialization of Soothe XP™ (Bausch and Lomb) and Systane Balance™ (Alcon), the first lipid-based solutions for evaporative dry eye.
In the contact lens field, our practice pioneered the design of the first membrane soft contact lens, which has served as the model for all contemporary soft lenses. Our research also resulted in the design of rigid gas-permeable contact lenses and fitting strategies for specific conditions including keratoconus and irregular corneas. We are the only practice in New England offering the EyePrint Pro and can fully customize any type of lens.
Boston Optometrist | Korb & Associates, PLLC | (617) 426-0370
400 Commonwealth Ave, Suite 2
Boston, MA 02215